Apply or Renew
CLIMOA is an organization established to support Medical Professionals involved in the application of medicine for the Health, Life and Disability Insurance Industry. Membership in the association is available to Medical Doctors involved in Insurance Medicine.Included in our members are physicians involved in Insurance Medicine from across North America and internationally.
The annual meeting is held in various cities across Canada, usually the second or third week of May. Underwriters and other Insurance Professionals are welcome to attend the Annual meetings as observers. Refer to the Meetings page for more information.
- Please review the membership categories, which have been changed.
- You may now qualify under a different category with a different fee.
- There is no longer a category for “Part time” work of less than 4 hours a week
Included in the Fee is password access to the Proceedings of the Annual Meetings from 1994 to 2007 which are searchable by year, subject and author and available in PDF format from this website.
This password also allows access to the Membership list and facilitates communication with other members of the Insurance Medicine specialty.
There are four classes of CLIMOA membership:
- Active (200 $ CDN)
- Associate (100 $ CDN)
- Emeritus (35 $ CDN)
- Active Membership shall consist of physicians who are Medical Directors, Associate or Assistant Medical Directors, or Medical Consultants of insurance companies, or other physicians with equivalent duties, as shall be determined by the Executive Council of the Association. Only active members shall be entitled to vote, hold office, make nominations and generally exercise the rights of full membership.
- Associate Membership shall consist of physicians who are not Medical Directors, Associate or Assistant Medical Directors or Medical Consultants of insurance companies but who have a professional interest in insurance medicine. They may not hold office or vote, but may be appointed to committees.
- Emeritus Membership shall consist of former active members who are retired and are engaged in no activity in the industry. They may not hold office or vote, but may be appointed to committees.
- Honorary Membership shall consist of individuals who have rendered distinguished service to insurance medicine, as shall be nominated by the Executive Council. They may not hold office or vote, but may be appointed to committees.
New Application and Dues Renewal Forms
New 2022 membership forms will be available soon.
For more information, send an email.